Emil-Figge-Str. 50 , Room 0.414
+49 231 755 5877
Hanna Rodewald is a doctoral researcher in the Graduate Research Group City Scripts at the University Alliance Ruhr. Looking into narratives of the Creative Class in postindustrial cities from a transatlantic perspective, she combines three of her major fields of interest, art and cultural studies, urban imaginaries and American studies.
Hanna studied English and American Studies, Fine Arts and Educational Science at TU Dortmund University and spent a year abroad as a Teaching Assistant at the University of Iowa. In 2018, she completed her studies with her thesis on “Urban Complexity: The Representation of Harlem in Ann Petry’s The Street”. In 2018 she joined the artist collective Salon Atelier based in Dortmund.
- Urban Literary and Cultural Studies
- Post-industrial Urban Spaces
- American Art
- PhD Project: „Narratives of the Creative Class in Post-Industrial Cities from a Transatlantic Perspective“ is part of the UA Ruhr research group Scripts for Postindustrial Urban Futures: American Models, Transatlantic Interventions which is funded by the Volkswagenstiftung.
- “Page 21 – Digital Storytelling for Museums”, in cooperation with FH Dortmund, Museum Ostwall im Dortmunder U and Museum für Kunst und Kulturgeschichte, funded by Neue Künste Ruhr NRW.
- “Creative Frontiers: Germany's Ruhr Area as a Space of Polyrational Possibility,” The City and Complexity – Life, Design and Commerce in the Built Environment, AMPS, London/digital, Juni 2020.
- “#MuseumFromHome: Art Museums in Lockdown,” MEDIA RES: Scripting Urban Space during COVID-19, Januar 2021.
- “The Conduct of Creativity: Transatlantic Culturalization of Urban Space,” Ruhr Phd Forum, digital, Februar 2021.
- “From Creative Class to Creative Frontier: Postindustrial Spaces of Possibility,” EAAS, 20/20 Vision: Citizenship, Space, Renewal, Warsaw/digital, May 2021.
- Detroit Symposium - Transatlantic Rust Belts 2021, Detroti/digital, September 2021.
- Ruhr Phd Forum, UAR – Ruhr Center of American Studies, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Walking Tour: „Erkundung des Unionviertels,“ Kleiner Freitag, Dortmunder U, 16.07.2020.